You can use the
helm upgrade command to upgrade your Event Streams version, or to modify configuration settings for your Event Streams installation. To run Helm upgrade commands, you must have a copy of the original Helm charts file that you used to install IBM Event Streams.
To retrieve the charts file using the UI:
- Log in to your IBM Cloud Private cluster management console from a supported web browser by using the URL
https://<Cluster Master Host>:<Cluster Master API Port>. The master host and port for your cluster are set during the installation of IBM Cloud Private. For more information, see the IBM Cloud Private documentation.
- Click Catalog in the top navigation menu.
- If you are using the Community Edition, search for
ibm-eventstreams-devand select it from the result. If you are using Event Streams, search for
ibm-eventstreams-prodand select it from the result.
- Select the latest version number from the drop-down list on the left.
- To download the file, go to the SOURCE & TAR FILES section on the left and click the link.
ibm-eventstreams-dev-<version>.tgzfile is downloaded.
Alternatively, if you downloaded IBM Event Streams from IBM Passport Advantage, you can also retrieve the charts file by looking for a file called
ibm-eventstreams-prod-<version>.tgz within the downloaded archive. If you no longer have a copy, you can download the file again from IBM Passport Advantage.