You can revert to an earlier version of Event Streams under certain conditions.
Rolling back your Event Streams installation to an earlier version is only supported in the following cases:
- You can only roll back from a newer Helm chart version to an older chart version.
- You can only roll back to Event Streams 2018.3.1 (Helm chart version 1.1.0). Rolling back to earlier chart versions is not supported.
- Rollback is only supported if the inter-broker protocol version has not been changed.
Warning: It is not possible to revert to a previous version if you have changed the inter-broker protocol version.
When rolling back from Event Streams version 2019.1.1 to 2018.3.1 (Helm chart version 1.2.0 to 1.1.0), first remove the
oauth job from the
kube-system namespace (
kube-system is the namespace for objects created by the Kubernetes system).
Use the following command to remove the
kubectl -n kube-system delete job <release-name>-ibm-es-ui-oauth2-client-reg
<release-name> is the name that identifies your Event Streams installation.
Using the UI
- Log in to your IBM Cloud Private cluster management console from a supported web browser by using the URL
https://<Cluster Master Host>:<Cluster Master API Port>. The master host and port for your cluster are set during the installation of IBM Cloud Private. For more information, see the IBM Cloud Private documentation.
- Click Workloads > Helm Releases from the navigation menu.
- Locate the release name of your installation in the Name column, and click More options > Rollback in the corresponding row.
- Select the chart version to roll back to (1.1.0).
- Click Rollback.
Using the CLI
- Log in to your cluster as an administrator by using the IBM Cloud Private CLI:
cloudctl login -a https://<Cluster Master Host>:<Cluster Master API Port>
The master host and port for your cluster are set during the installation of IBM Cloud Private.
Important: You must have the Cluster Administrator role to roll back a chart version.
- Run the
helm historycommand to view previous versions you can roll back to:
helm history <release-name>
<release-name>is the name that identifies your Event Streams installation.
$ helm history event-streams REVISION UPDATED STATUS CHART DESCRIPTION 1 Mon Oct 15 14:27:12 2018 SUPERSEDED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.0.0 Install complete 2 Mon Dec 10 16:49:29 2018 SUPERSEDED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.1.0 Upgrade complete 3 Fri Mar 29 12:16:34 2019 DEPLOYED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.2.0 Upgrade complete
- Run the
helm rollbackcommand as follows:
helm rollback <release-name> <revision>
<release-name>is the name that identifies your Event Streams installation, and
<revision>is a number from the
REVISIONcolumn that corresponds to the version you want to revert to, as displayed in the result of the
helm rollback event-streams 2
Important: The rollback process changes the port number for the UI. You must refresh the IBM Cloud Private UI and determine the URL for the Event Streams UI again to obtain the new port number. You can then log in to the Event Streams UI.