You can revert to an earlier version of Event Streams under certain conditions.
Rolling back your Event Streams 2019.2.1 installation to an earlier version is only supported in the following cases:
- You can only roll back from a newer Helm chart version to an older chart version.
- You can only roll back to Event Streams 2019.1.1 (Helm chart version 1.2.0). Rolling back to earlier chart versions is not supported.
Using the UI
- Log in to your IBM Cloud Private cluster management console from a supported web browser by using the URL
https://<Cluster Master Host>:<Cluster Master API Port>. The master host and port for your cluster are set during the installation of IBM Cloud Private. For more information, see the IBM Cloud Private documentation.
- Click Workloads > Helm Releases from the navigation menu.
- Locate the release name of your installation in the Name column, and click More options > Rollback in the corresponding row.
- Select the chart version to roll back to (1.2.0).
- Click Rollback.
Using the CLI
- Log in to your cluster as an administrator by using the IBM Cloud Private CLI:
cloudctl login -a https://<Cluster Master Host>:<Cluster Master API Port>
The master host and port for your cluster are set during the installation of IBM Cloud Private.
Important: You must have the Cluster Administrator role to roll back a chart version.
- Run the
helm historycommand to view previous versions you can roll back to:
helm history <release-name>
<release-name>is the name that identifies your Event Streams installation.
$ helm history event-streams REVISION UPDATED STATUS CHART DESCRIPTION 1 Mon Oct 15 14:27:12 2018 SUPERSEDED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.0.0 Install complete 2 Mon Dec 10 16:49:29 2018 SUPERSEDED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.1.0 Upgrade complete 3 Fri Mar 29 12:16:34 2019 SUPERSEDED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.2.0 Upgrade complete 4 Fri Jun 28 16:16:34 2019 DEPLOYED ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.3.0 Upgrade complete
- Run the
helm rollbackcommand as follows:
helm rollback <release-name> <revision>
<release-name>is the name that identifies your Event Streams installation, and
<revision>is a number from the
REVISIONcolumn that corresponds to the version you want to revert to, as displayed in the result of the
helm rollback event-streams 3