You can modify the configuration settings for your existing Event Streams installation by using the UI or the command line. The configuration changes are applied by updating the Event Streams chart. For example, you might need to modify settings to scale your installation due to changing requirements.
Using the UI
You can modify any of the configuration settings you specified during installation, or define values for ones previously not set at the time of installation.
To modify configuration settings by using the UI:
- Log in to your IBM Cloud Private cluster management console as an administrator. For more information, see the IBM Cloud Private documentation.
- From the navigation menu, click Workloads > Helm Releases.
- Locate the release name of your existing Event Streams cluster in the NAME column, and click More options > Upgrade in the corresponding row.
- Select the installed chart version from the Version drop-down list.
- Ensure you set Using previous configured values to Reuse Values.
- Click All parameters in order to access all the release-related parameters.
- Modify the values for the configuration settings you want to change.
For example, to set the number of geo-replication workers to 4, go to the Geo-replication settings section and set the Geo-replicator workers field to 4.
- Click Upgrade.
Using the CLI
You can modify any of the parameters you specified during installation, or define values for ones previously not set at the time of installation. For a list of all parameters, see the chart README file.
To modify any of the parameter settings by using the CLI:
- Log in to your cluster as an administrator by using the IBM Cloud Private CLI:
cloudctl login -a https://<cluster-address>:<cluster-router-https-port>
- Use the following helm command to modify the value of a parameter:
helm upgrade --reuse-values --set <parameter>=<value> <release_name> <charts.tgz> --tls
<charts.tgz>is the name of the chart file you used to install IBM Event Streams, including the full path to it if in a different directory. To run
helm upgradecommands, ensure you have the original chart file available.
For example, to set the number of geo-replication workers to 4, use the following command:
helm upgrade --reuse-values --set replicator.replicas=4 destination ibm-eventstreams-prod-1.4.0.tgz --tls