The IBM Power Systems HMC collection contains modules that can be used in a playbook to automate tasks on HMC. Ansible executes each tasks on the target node and returns the result back to the controller. While different modules perform different tasks, their interfaces and responses follow similar patterns.
Reference material for each module contains documentation on the accepted parameters and their expected values.
- firmware_update – Change firmware level on Managed Systems
- hmc_command – Execute HMC command
- hmc_pwdpolicy – Manages the list, create, change and remove password policies of the HMC.
- hmc_update_upgrade – Manages the update and upgrade of the HMC
- hmc_user – Manage the hmc users
- power_system – PowerOn, PowerOff, modify_syscfg, modify_hwres, facts of the Managed system
- powervm_dlpar – Dynamically managing resources of partition
- powervm_lpar_instance – Create, Delete, Shutdown, Activate, Restart, Facts and Install of PowerVM Partitions
- powervm_lpar_migration – validate, migrate and recover of the LPAR
- vios – Creation and management of Virtual I/O Server partition