This series of workshops on Kubernetes Networking is accompanied by a lecture on Kubernetes Networking.
The Kubernetes Networking series consists of the following topics:
- Kubernetes Networking 101 (60 mins), you will use different ways to control traffic on a Kubernetes cluster with Service types. Start here.
- Add an Ingress on OpenShift (15 minutes), add an Ingress and Route to expose a Service, you will use different types of TLS termination to secure Routes on OpenShift: edge, passthrough and reencrypt. Start here.
- Network Policies and Calico (15 minutes), create a Network Policy and use Calico. Start here.
- Create a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) (90 mins), you will create the VPC, add a subnet, attach a public gateway, and review the security group that allows inbound and outbound access. Start here.
- Create a Kubernetes Cluster for VPC you will create a IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS) for VPC and deploy a guestbook application to a Kubernetes cluster in VPC, and update a security group with rules to allow inbound traffic to the guestbook application. Start here.
- Istio, use Istio to manage network traffic, load balance across microservices, enforce access policies, verify service identity, and more.
- Lab1 Kubernetes Networking 101
- Lab2 Ingress
- Lab3 Network Policies
- Lab4 Create a VPC
- Lab5 Create a Kubernetes Cluster for VPC
The following series are related to
- Kubernetes Security,
- Kubernetes Networking,
- Kubernetes Storage,
- Kubernetes Automation (Secure DevOps, IaC, CI/CD),
This workshop was tested using the following technologies:
- IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS) version 1.19, 2 worker nodes, flavor u3c.2x4
- Calico client version v3.17.1
- Calico cluster version v3.16.5
- ibmcloud version 1.3.0
- ibmcloud container-service/kubernetes-service 1.0.28
- vpc-infrastructure/infrastructure-service 0.7.5
- kubectl version 1.19